Our Client is a global leader and manufacturer of injection-molded products for the medical device, pharmaceutical, healthcare and industrial markets as well as consumer packaging. They are currently expanding their current team to meet customer demand and are seeking an Apprentice Polymer Technician to join their team.
The Polymer Technologist Apprenticeship is an ‘earn and learn’ degree program that combines on-the-job training with academic study.
This three-year program lead to a level 7 Bachelor of Science in Polymer Technology from Athlone Institute of Technology. You’ll learn the skills, knowledge, and behavior’s necessary for a successful career in polymer & plastics processing and beyond. You will also earn a salary as you study.
- You will join a multi-disciplinary maintenance team.
- You’ll receive a blend of on-the-job training and classroom training.
- Maintain company & product reputation by complying with all necessary Quality & Safety regulations.
- A Polymer Processing Engineer is responsible for the efficient set up and operation of polymer processing lines in the fields of Injection Moulding, Blow Moulding or Extrusion moulding for the production of plastic components relevant to industry standards.
- On completion the Apprentice will have a strong technical aptitude of processing characteristics & parameters for a broad range of polymer materials; they will work cross-functionally with Production Team Leaders/Moulding Managers/Quality/Toolroom /Maintenance Department/ Material Suppliers & external customers to address machine, material, mould, die or tooling issues, including complex tooling assembly & breakdown.
- Applicants must have obtained a minimum of 5 O6 grades in their Leaving Certificate examination results or equivalent grades
- These subjects must include.
- Mathematics (Minimum: H7, O6, F2)
- English or Irish (Minimum: O6, H7)
- Highly motivated, flexible, and able to prioritise work
- Excellent work and attendance records
- Good communication skills
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Additional requirements and exact job specifications will be presented to the candidates during the selection process.
- Must be able to work independently on own projects while working concurrently with all departments.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Gillian Nicholson firstname.lastname@example.org