Our client is a global innovator in broadband technology. Their team collaborates with leading Service and Content Providers to build entertainment and communication solutions that are personalised and mobile. I am currently seeking an Applications Software Engineer to craft, develop and integrate the next-generation solution for distributed architecture solutions that provide OAMP/FCAPS/OSS for DOCSIS-broadband and video products.
About the role
This engineering role involves the practices/methodologies for provisioning, application scaling, configuration management, capacity planning, monitoring, etc. to improve the user experience into how distributed systems interact and perform in a cloud-native, always-on technology platform. At the core of this solution there is a solid SDN (Software Defined Networking) and NFV (Network Functions Virtualization) infrastructure, on which we continuously innovate for improved agility, reliability, and operational efficiencies for the managed network components.
- Architect and implement distributed systems to deliver OAMP/FCAPS/OSS in a private cloud.
- Develop software solutions and microservices to support domain controller platforms at one or more of the following levels: OAMP/FCAPS subsystem components, SDN/NFV solutions, user interfaces.
- Serves as the domain specialist with the adjacent product and engineering teams to ensure a smooth introduction of distributed architected solutions for DOCSIS-Broadband and Video products.
- Encouraged to participate in all the phases of product development cycle product definition, architecture, design, scoping, planning, implementation, and test.
- Operate in an Agile development environment, with a DevOps mentality and strong ownership over-owned code (test, monitor, deploy, maintain).
- Crafting HLD designs for SDN/NFV (OSS) solutions.
- Ability to design and lead Proof of Concept Trials in the SDN/NFV area.
- Possess a strong consultative approach and the ability to see the bigger picture.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Engineering or equivalent. Master of Science in Computer Science or Computer Engineering is helpful
- Extensive technology and design experience involving Software Development, Networking Protocols, Ethernet transport, Networking Orchestration, SDN, and Virtual/Cloud Network Architectures.
- OAMP/FCAPS/OSS knowledge/experience for Network & Element Management Systems
- Management experience with DOCSIS Broadband & Video network elements
- Application Development Agile methodology, related to network orchestration, service delivery (configuration and provisioning), Network Virtualisation, Security architecture, Cloud Platform deployment involving infrastructure management, service orchestration, and instantiation, and business logic integration.
- Data-processing systems (e.g., Lambda architecture, Kafka, RabbitMQ, ELK)
- Storage solutions. (SQL, PostgreSQL/Postgres and NoSQL, Cassandra, ArangoDB)
- Experience with API constructions (Swagger/OpenAPI), REST, NetConf (Yang), RPC frameworks, and micro-service architecture.
- Experience working with containers, orchestration tools (like Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm etc.), and container registries (GCE, Docker hub, etc.)
For more information or even a private discussion please contact Ryan Blackett.