Video for this job
Job Title: Analytical Scientist – Chemical Drug Substance Development
Location: North West UK
- The role will involve liaising with both internal clients and external collaborators
- Performing release analysis to cGMP, providing direct analytical support to process chemists, developing and validating analytical methods and providing technical support to in-market Active pharmaceutical ingredients.
- Depending on levels of skills and experience, the role may also involve aspects of project management and the authoring of key analytical documents such as Analytical Testing Plans and method/validation protocols.
The ideal candidate will have a proven history of being able to work both accurately and independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills, to be able to think logically and have the ability to effectively collaborate with and communicate scientific ideas to both internal and external partners.
- In addition, some level of project management would be desired.
- For the right candidate this is a great opportunity to work in excellent surroundings, with state of the art instrumentation and with highly skilled, like-minded individuals striving to achieve a common goal.
- There are excellent career progression paths and opportunities to expand knowledge and expertise.
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree in Chemistry or analytical chemistry is essential.
- A sound, fundamental knowledge of Chemistry is essential with an emphasis on organic chemistry and analytical science.
- Knowledge and experience within a pharmaceutical development environment and an understanding of the drug development process would be desirable.
- Method Development experience.
- Knowledge and experience of drug substance and API analysis.
- Knowledge and experience of modern analytical techniques such as HPLC and GC within a development environment is essential.
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience of pharmaceutical analysis in a development laboratory.
- Experience of additional techniques such as NMR and LC-MS would be an advantage.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot issues relating to instrumentation and analysis as required.
- Good understanding of requirements for working in a GMP environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new processes.
- Ability to work using fully electronic media, including MS Office.
- Ability to communicate clearly and to form strong working relationships with both internal colleagues and external partners.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be capable of developing solutions to problems as part of a team.
- Willing to operate in a flexible manner and be able to switch priorities at short notice.
- Good team player, organised, accurate, have strong documentation skills.
- Passionate about quality and customer service.
- Enjoys the challenges of working in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Have the ability to prioritise, manage own time and handle a diverse workload.