- Adhering to all company EHS guidelines and procedures with proactive involvement in laboratory safety initiatives.
- Testing incoming raw material, in-process and finished product in strict accordance with procedures to support production and shipping deadlines.
- Correct use and maintenance of various laboratory equipment.
- Performing routine checks and calibration of laboratory equipment.
- Set-up of all laboratory equipment in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Accurate preparation of all solutions required to support testing of product.
- Training of colleagues in the use of laboratory equipment and procedures in the Analytical Services laboratories.
- Performing laboratory validation and non-routine testing.
- Providing technical backup and support to production as required, including project work, e.g. non-routine lab testing to support process validations, quality improvement efforts and customer complaints.
- Archiving of laboratory data, logbooks and samples in accordance with procedures.
- Controlling, issuing and maintaining laboratory documentation.
- Updating, drafting and reviewing quality documentation such as test methods and standard operating procedures.
- Participating in identified Continuous Improvement initiatives; cost, quality etc.
- Maintaining laboratory inventory levels.
- Performing other related quality duties as required.
- General B.Sc./ Diploma in Analytical Chemistry or equivalent.
- At least 2 years’ relevant laboratory testing experience.
- Thorough, practical and persistent self-starter.
- Strong motivation
- Good communication skills
- Strong computer literacy
- Excellent problem-solving skills
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling Lane on 021-4320675 or email firstname.lastname@example.org