ANALYTICAL DEVELOPMENT ANALYST
Excellent opportunity to join an international life sciences company that provide a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. It is one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. Additionally, it is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
This position is to join our clients innovative Professional Scientific Services (PSS) programme. The programme places full-time analysts, technicians, scientists and technical support personnel managed by our client directly at the client facility to provide long term service needs while maintaining the same quality expertise and cGMP compliance available at their facility. This award-winning programme offers excellent career opportunities for people who have a proven track record in combining excellent technical ability with first class interpersonal and communication skills
This opportunity is to join our client’s new and exciting PSS team based in Swords Co. Dublin within the Analytical Chemistry team.
- The purpose of this job is to perform analysis of pharmaceutical starting materials, in-process, and release testing and to support method development and validation activities.
- Provide analytical testing across a range of techniques (including HPLC, , IR, GC, PXRD, NMR, KF, ICP-MS and LCMS)
- Provide analytical support in troubleshooting.
- To support method development, verification and validation activities
- To work on own initiative and be capable of developing solutions to problems as part of a team.
- To participate in the preparation of protocols and reports.
- To document data as dictated by current client policies and procedures.
- Meet with the client project team lead daily and provide updates
- Ensure that the customer gets the best possible service by continually reviewing best practice in relation to both commercial and quality issues and ensuring 100% ethical work standards and GMP compliance.
- To revise SOPs as required by the Lead Analyst or client representative.
- Preparing solutions and system set-up
- To review analytical data for GMP compliance
EDUCATION / SKILLS
- An honours degree in Analytical Chemistry or a related discipline is required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience of pharmaceutical analysis within a GMP environment
- Good foundation and experience with traditional analytical techniques as well as modern instrumental equipment (HPLC, ICP-MS, IR, PXRD, NMR, GC and LCMS).
- Good understanding of basic chromatographic techniques.
- Good understanding of requirements for working in a GMP environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly both internally and externally and to form strong working relationships with colleagues.
- Compendia verification experience
- Experience working on method development and validations
- Ability to work in a lab environment with some supervision and be capable of developing solutions to problems.
- Good team player, organised, accurate, have strong documentation skills.
- Passionate about quality and customer service.
If interested, please email Blaithin on email@example.com or call 01 66 200 88.