The role of Analytical Chemist is to perform a variety of sample preparation and analysis procedures to measure pharmaceutical compounds and be responsible for review and compilation of results and data comparison against SOP acceptance criteria, methodology, protocol and product specifications.
Analytical Chemist key responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of complex sample preparation and analysis procedures to quantitatively measure pharmaceutical compounds.
- Works with multiple functional groups to meet business needs.
- Sets up and maintains analytical instrumentation.
- Trains on routine operation, maintenance and theory of analytical instrumentation, SOPs and regulatory procedures and guidelines.
- Ensures QA findings are addressed appropriately.
- Communicates project status to project leader.
- Performs work assignments accurately, and in a timely and safe manner.
Analytical Chemist Qualifications
- Education to a Bachelors or higher level in related subjects ie; Chemistry.
- 2+ years’ relevant industry experience within a GMP laboratory (with experience in the following lab testing areas HPLC, GC, MS, Dissolution testing, Karl Fischer, UV-vis, FT-IR, TOC.
- Detailed knowledge of method validation; method development would be an advantage.
- The ability to write protocols and reports with minimum supervision
- Excellent attention to detail