- Reference: CJ44038
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Supply Chain & Logistics
Responsible for the operation of the Air Freight department within the company. To impact the organization by managing and coordinating Air Freight operatives and operations for inbound/outbound air transportation. Major responsibilities are to work with the Branch Director, Commercial & Key Account Teams, and implement operational process improvements.
- Day to day operational management of the Air Freight department to include
- P&L (including NPII/Bad debts/CODs)
- Management of Unacknowledged items
- Management of FSL (Accruals/Deferrals/BS/Neg GP Log)
- Adherence to KN Guidelines
- External & Internal Audits (Quality/Customer/SGI etc.)
- Ensuring adherence to all required GDP standards both operationally and individually from your direct reports.
- Action any operational items following results from QBRs/Audits
- Ensure the department is adequately staffed to meet the productivity and quality targets.
- Participation in management meetings/development of the branch going forward
- Maintain a relationship with our principal carriers and other main suppliers in helping to achieve growth for KN.
Customer & Business Development
- To ensure all customers (internal and external) are serviced in a professional manner.
- Identifying opportunities to increase the profitability of the Air freight department by targeting new customers and/or increasing business with existing customers
- Ensure all tariffs are kept up to date and customer rates are maintained in line with current market conditions.
- Build upon existing client relationships with regular visits & attendance/participation at QBRs
- Ensure all Air freight staff receive adequate training in all KN systems, policies, procedures and practices
- Manage the company Performance Management Process for your people to the highest standards, delivering real people growth
- Mentor all staff by assisting and encouraging them to look for innovative ways of performing more productively
- Manage communications agenda for the department ensuring that your information flows are timely, relevant and quality driven.
- Lead by example; be prepared to be the representative of your desired performance behaviours
Skills and Experience
- 5 Years’ experience in freight management or supervision
- Proven ability to manage a team of freight professionals effectively and efficiently
- Professional certification in Logistics and/or business management
Good reasons to join
We are a progressive organisation with a focus on people development. If you are looking for a challenge in a fast paced environment then this is the opportunity for you.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Susan on 021 4911065 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!