We are currently working with an Irish Healthcare Provider based in Cork City and they are on the lookout for an Administration Manager to join their team on a permanent and full-time basis. This position will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the administrative functions of the hospital day to day, optimising patient experience, ensuring that best practises are followed, and resolving escalations as required. Key to the role will be the ability to provide an excellent patient experience and manage key stakeholder relationships.
· Manage administration teams (Reception, Medical Records, Admissions, Consultant Secretaries and Heart Centre Admin) to best optimise patient flow and experience including:
o Appointment scheduling
o Patient registration
o Admissions and discharges
· Collaborate with all departments to implement and promote best service excellence practices.
· Participate in Staff Recruitment, supporting induction and training of new hires with dept. leads.
· Facilitate and maintain an effective corporate approach to the management of complaints.
· Lead Projects to ensure continued efficiency and excellence in the department.
· Liaise with Consultants to establish their requirements.
· Review clinic schedules/volumes on a daily basis and align staffing as appropriate.
· Support the planning of new services and reconfiguration of current services identifying administrative resources as required.
· Bachelors Degree in Business, Health Care Management or related field.
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a People Management role.
· Proven track record in leading projects, and development and service related programs, preferably in a healthcare organisation.
· Experience in identifying and promoting service improvements, designing and delivering training and facilitating change and innovation.
· Knowledge of Patient Advocacy is preferred.
· Energetic individual with drive and enthusiasm.
· Strong communication and influencing skills.
· Excellent IT skills – experience in capturing data, statistical analysis and presentation of information.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Megan O’Doherty.