- Reference: D46885
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Dublin City Centre, Dublin South, Wicklow
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
The Credit & Collections Analyst with German is accountable to perform/review the day-to-day shared service credit operations for the region including but not limited to: (a) review of credit extended to customers within the normal credit review process; (b) preparation and review of credit requests over threshold values (c) development and monitoring of monthly credit reporting, and (d) determination and review of customers placed on credit hold.
They are also responsible for interacting internally and externally to resolve outstanding issues relating to accounts receivable, inclusive of Collections, Invoicing, Cash Application, and Dispute Resolution, on a daily basis for the region in order to mitigate risk and optimise the Accounts Receivable portfolio.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Support the Migration of processes and services to the regional shared service organization, provide oversight for the transition of activities and escalation support throughout,
- Perform day to day shared services credit and collections functions within the defined process standards working across captive and outsourced teams,
- Review credit assessment and terms provided to existing and new customers,
- Credit management and risk mitigation leveraging financial instruments eg credit insurance. LC’s etc,
- Meet the agreed performance measures, KPIs, and goal setting processes,
- Prepare and review monthly performance reports,
- Assist management in performing, facilitating, and reviewing day to day credit and collections activity within the center and the 3rd party provider,
- Have a high level of understanding of the commercial operation, build and maintain an excellent relationship with commercial stakeholders such as Area General Managers, Area Controllers, regional and divisional Finance Directors,
- Provide assistance in the implementation of the global standard credit and collections management processes, to meet the needs of the shared services stakeholders,
- Provide oversight and support for responses to and remediation of audit findings, across internal and 3rd party outsource service providers, as required,
- Maintain policies and procedures for the credit and collection processes.
Evaluate best practices with global peers and develop improvement suggestions.
Assist management in developing and reviewing performance results for credit and accounts receivable processes in the region.
Ensure integrity of internal controls, in partnership with the compliance team.
Professional credit management qualification (eg IICM) highly preferred. Relevant work experience advantageous or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 3-5 plus years of international credit experience inclusive of all aspects of credit management,
- Knowledge and understanding of overall OTC processes,
- Prior recent experience working in a captive SSC environment preferred,
- Experience with 3rd party outsource providers preferred,
- Experience working with emerging markets,
- Experience working with financial instruments eg credit insurance, LC’s etc,
- Strong ability to interact with internal and external parties at various levels,
- Must speak fluent German
- Fluency in second languages Polish/Italian/French desirable but not essential
- Attentive to detail with a propensity for continuous improvement,
- Additional other non-SAP ERP experience a plus.
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland. please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie