- Reference: SJ46031
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Leitrim, Mayo, Sligo
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
Our client, a third level institution in the North West of Ireland are recruiting for an experienced Accounts Payable Assistant. Primarily the role involves taking responsibility for the Accounts Payable / Creditors function under the instruction of the Finance Manager (FM).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Posting of invoices, credit notes and payments to Great Plains system;
- Payments to Suppliers made both electronically and by cheque;
- Dealing with queries relating to same;
- Reconciling Creditors on a regular basis;
- Providing accurate Creditor information to the FM as required;
- Assisting the FM in maintaining proper purchasing procedures;
- Completing Creditor, Accruals & Prepayment reconciliations for management accounts;
- Completion of VAT Returns & Annual Return of Trading Details;
- Compiling information for reporting to Revenue – including -Quarterly Prompt Payment Report, Annual Sec 891B Reporting of payments made;
- Administration & Completion of Professional Services Withholding Tax Returns;
- Ensuring we hold current Tax Clearance certificates for suppliers as required;
- Ensuring we hold current insurance details for suppliers as necessary;
- Dealing with any other issues that may arise through the above work that requires attention;
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset Register;
- Provide Payroll Cover / Assistance on occasion;
- Assisting Accounts Receivable area to be able to cover for sick or annual leave, processing credit card payments, issuing tax receipts etc.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience desirable;
- Third level qualification in Accounts desirable;
- Experienced in Microsoft Excel;
- Very strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work both as part of a team and on own initiative;
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise;
- Ability to work to deadlines.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins on 071-9140252 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!