A permanent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Accounts Payable Assistant to join a strong finance team in Shannon. Multinational experience is a requirement, with high volume AP exposure.
Within this position, you will have responsibility for the end to end Accounts Payable process within a tight framework of deadlines. In the role you will have support from a wider accounting team and benefit from a close working relationship with other key financial functions.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Processing AP invoices in a timely manner, ensuring coding and approval is in accordance with company policy.
- Ownership of the end to end AP process, both third party and intercompany.
- Preparing bi-weekly payment runs and cash payment forecasting
- Operation of employee expense and purchasing management systems
- Resolve vendor, internal and audit AP queries
- Assist with month end close within a tight reporting timeframe including the preparation of a number of key balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with various account related projects and ad hoc duties as identified by your manager
- 3rd level qualification in a Finance related area
- 2 years+ experience within accounts payable preferable
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and other MS office products
- Strong accuracy and good attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet all deadlines set
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills