Based with a leading manufacturer in Portlaoise, Co. Laois, reporting to the Managing Director, the Cost Accountant will be responsible for working closely with key stakeholders, lead various transformation initiatives that will enable the Finance organisation to scale and support business strategy while ensuring compliance.
This is a permanent position that will have one person reporting into.
- Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, labor, and finished goods.
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost.
- Calculate actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Supporting the annual development of standard costs for the global business
- Forecasting inventory-related portion of working capital
- Managing month-end financial close process for inventory and related items, and liaising with finance team
- Analyzing cost information for use in controlling expenditures.
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs.
- Work with management to establish product pricing, track sales / commercial invoices
- Key lead for cost updates and item set up related to general ledger maintenance and system migration.
- Monthly Budgets, Month-end duties, business planning, and financial updates.
- Must have a strong cost accounting with manufacturing background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Minimum of 4 solid years of Cost Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment preferred.
- Relevant accounting experience, preferably in the manufacturing sector with a strong understanding of ERP systems and associated processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards.
For confidential discussion and more information on the role please contact Eoghan Dalton