Our client is a leading packaging company committed to providing high-quality packaging solutions to their customers. Located in West Cork, 25 minutes from the South side of Cork City, our client is looking for an Accountant to join their team on a full-time, permanent basis. The Accountant will assist with various financial responsibilities, including Goods In & Out, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and VAT returns. While completed professional exams are a benefit to this role, they are not a necessary requirement.
- Coordinate and manage the Goods In & Out processes, ensuring accurate record-keeping and timely documentation.
- Collaborate with the warehouse and production teams to maintain efficient inventory management.
- Process and administer the payroll for all employees, ensuring accuracy and compliance with relevant regulations.
- Address employee inquiries related to payroll and deductions.
- Manage the accounts payable function, including the processing of invoices, vendor payments, and reconciliations.
- Maintain organised and up-to-date vendor records.
- Handle customer invoices and collections, ensuring timely and accurate payments from clients.
- Reconcile customer accounts and resolve any billing discrepancies.
- Prepare and submit VAT returns in a timely and accurate manner.
- Stay updated on VAT regulations and ensure compliance with tax laws.
- Assist with month-end and year-end financial close processes.
- Reconcile bank statements, prepare journal entries, and maintain financial records.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar accounting role.
- Proficiency in using accounting software systems, ideally Sage and Pegasus.
- Knowledge of Irish payroll regulations and tax laws.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work with a high level of accuracy.
- Team player with the ability to collaborate with various departments.
- A degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field is a plus.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Megan O’Doherty