Account Manager – Electronics
My client is a major multinational passive electronic components manufacturer. Their products and technologies are supporting both existing markets and the realization of upcoming applications (Autonomous Driving, Medical, Renewable Energy, 5G communications, Robotics etc.) which is transforming the daily lives of people around the world. They are now seeking to hire an ambitious Account Manager for the island of Ireland (32 counties).
Account Manager – Overview
As Account Manager, you will have responsibility for the growth of the business in the territory through sales and promotional activity of company products. You will be able to utilize an existing customer base to introduce new and innovative technologies while providing excellent customer service.
- Have a thorough understanding of company products (electronics background is essential)
- Secure maximum volume/value of business from designated accounts
- Liaise with management, purchasing and quality assurance (at customer) to give best possible service levels.
- Identify new customers and work within those customers to achieve business.
- Understand customer technical requirements in all projects.
- Generate parts list for all major projects.
- Co-ordinate activity with Technical Sales/Product Marketing.
- Price negotiations with customers. Presenting quotations and converting these to sales.
- Help prepare budgets and forecasts as required. Obtaining internal support as appropriate to reach agreement for each customer/product group.
- all customer-related issues, e.g. end equipment build plans, technology ‘road maps’, customer financial status, personnel structure, etc.
- Prepare monthly forecasts and present to Management at Sales Meetings.
- Recognise current and future sources of competitive advantage. Assess service trends in the market and their implications.
- Embrace and operate within a Total Quality Environment, maintaining ISO9000 / IATF16941 .
Education & Experience:
- The successful candidate must have successfully completed a Diploma/Degree in Electronics Engineering or a related subject (e.g. RF Engineering, Electromechanical etc.)
- Must have a minimum of two years relevant industry experience in a sales/customer service position, managing client accounts.
- Must have strong administration skills and experience in budget management.
- Numerate, literate, accurate/methodical, flexible, multitasking, IT/ PC literate.
- A proactive approach, high levels of planning, organising, initiative and clear communication skills are required together with sound judgement in problem analysis and good stress tolerance.
For more information or a confidential discussion on the role, please contact David Lennon