Video for this job
Title: Account Manager
Directly Reports To: Corporate Contract Manager
Our client is a specialist distribution company that operates throughout Ireland. They offer a comprehensive package covering both product supply and cost-saving solutions to Industrial Customers.
They distribute a wide range of products covering cleanroom consumable products, industrial safety equipment, protective clothing and Maintenance Repair Operations (MRO) products. They have a broad customer base in the pharmaceutical, healthcare, electronics, chemical and food industry sectors. They service a range of high-profile multinational companies providing a comprehensive service package in line with the demands and best practice of modern industry, many of these companies are supplied on a single source basis.
Primary Purpose of the Role
- Point of contact between the company, the customer and vendor base.
- Working closely with the Customer’s procurement, warehouse and engineering leads to ensure all agreed Customer metrics are being adhered to.
- On a day-to-day basis in conjunction with his/her support team in the facility, place stock replenishment orders and arrange the necessary logistics to ensure the correct product is delivered in a timely manner.
- Providing price quotations to Customer upon request (within 48hrs) and maintain records of quotations provided for audit purposes.
- Propose product Substitutions/Conversions to Customer, presenting product specifications, technical/performance data and pricing to Customer for consideration and approval. Process for the delivery and sign-off to be agreed, to include a justification or reason code if Customer rejects proposal.
- Devise, implement and manage supply chain projects that deliver added value services and cost benefits to Customer in accordance with this Agreement.
- Provide/Co-ordinate product identification, selection, and technical advice to Customer in support of product choice where appropriate.
- Review operating systems, procedures, and practices on an ongoing basis, recommending any changes to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency to reduce costs.
- Identify, replenish, and manage VMI Inventory on Customer site, post-implementation.
- Monitor and review performance against agreed plans and budgets, taking prompt and appropriate action to correct any shortfalls in performance.
- Produce and analyse Site and product performance statistics and make effective decisions and recommendations regarding profiling.
- Represent the company in any project meetings.
- Premier: To be premier we’ve got to act with integrity in a professional manner in everything we do.
- Achieving: To achieve, we need to encourage an enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude, with determined teams focused on specific and realistic goals.
- Responsive: We need to respond to the needs of our business ‘Partners’, becoming faster and more efficient.
- Teamwork: We can become more efficient through teamwork, working together. Communicating, participating and collaborating towards successes that will be shared amongst us.
- Novel: We must develop ‘novel’ solutions as pioneers and innovators, and stimulate the growth of the company through creative thinking.
- Expert: We must show ‘expert’ knowledge in whatever we do and become renowned for being a specialist in our field.
- Reliable: By becoming reliable, we are demonstrating responsibility and a commitment to delivering our promises.
Interested? Please give Blaithin O’Shea a call on 01 66 200 88 or email email@example.com for more info.