Account Director – Retail Accounts (Food)
Our client is a well-established company and market leader in the food sector and added value products to the Irish and UK retail markets and the wholesale sector. They are entering an exciting growth period that will focus on operational investment and now expanding the senior leadership team to include a newly established position of account director.
We are delighted to bring to the market this new role and are commencing recruiting activity for an experienced business/commercial manager to join the team in the capacity of Account Director for specific Retail customer in Ireland North and South.
We are recruiting for a result-driven business manager who will take responsibility for a specific new retail customer to the manufacturer on the island of Ireland. This role will attract someone who has a strong ‘business development’ background and the capability of joining the board of directors after 12 months. The opportunity to join the board is very attainable with the mission to significantly drive the assets and skills within the business to the next level and in line with the documented ‘5 year Plan’.
· In the position of Account Director, you will be part of the senior management team and will direct and control all commercial activities with this specific customer base in Ireland, North and South.
· You must be a pro-active leader and not a follower with the strength of character to manage and direct this customer as opposed to being led by them!.
Responsibilities and Duties
● Negotiate and agree (supported by MD) a full 3-year business development and investment plan.
● Co-ordinate said plans internally with the following teams: agriculture, operations, technical / NPD; packaging.
● Over an 18month period manage, coordinate, and land a £6m growth plan with a major retail plan.
● Manage top-line sales and EBITDA growth in the Irish retail market in line with 5 Year plan.
Qualifications / Skills
1. You will have demonstrated exceptional leadership skills and profitable business development in your career within the food sector.
2. You will have constructed, negotiated, and executed successful business plans.
3. You will be numerate with a clear understanding of the P&L; cash margin growth and account planning.
The package will reflect the quality of the candidate and our ambitions to make this a board appointment after 12 months.
For more information and a confidential discussion please contact Mary Mullin at email@example.com or call Mary on 01 6620088