- Reference: CJ44672
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Sales
The Wedding Events Co-ordinator must demonstrate high engagement levels & provide consistently high levels of customer service, in accordance with the company. The Events Co-ordinator has a responsibility to ensure that we communicate and deliver the most complete and organized Sales approach and customer service experience from the enquiry stage through to contracting and event completion.
- Utilise all Events administration standards as per current Minimum Standards such as a 24-hour response time to enquiries and correspondence and maintain system for active follow-up
- Utilise Opera input/booking procedures as per current Standards. Maintain timely tracking and follow-up of all bookings. Ensure definite bookings are regularly followed up to secure accurate numbers as far in advance as possible but no later than 5 days prior to arrival. Ensure regular updates on specific bookings within the timeframe are provided in order to assist Revenue Manager & Senior Sales Manager in accurate forecasting
- Practice Yield Management of inventories in accordance with Budget guidelines & Promotional / Periodical Offers
- Effectively & positively manage changes in operation, policy and procedures with all contacts
- Understand and effectively manage cultural needs and expectations of groups utilising facilities.
- Effectively manage time ensuring the completion of all pre-set tasks on a daily basis.
- Take responsibility & be empowered to make decisions in quoting for business, adhering to the pre-set strategic guidelines, working in accordance with budget guidelines and ensuring numbers and pricing guidelines are adhered to at all times
- Analyse internal or external reports and apply to Department operations as appropriate
- Project a pleasant positive and professional image to all contacts at all times
- Participate / attend when required at the Management Meetings, Sales Meetings, BEO’s etc.
- Attend scheduled events briefings providing accurate updates on details of bookings and enquiries, in accordance with requirements
- Highlight enquiries which require General Manager / Hotel Manager / Director of Sales / Director of Marketing and Senior Sales Manager assistance towards conversion
- Communicate daily to your Manager, Food & Beverage Managers, Front Office Managers on any critical issues and activities of Events particularly any variances to Forecast anticipated.
- Build network in organisations that may directly or indirectly impact our business as appropriate
- Research market trends and generate new ideas for service and products that will maintain a competitive and leading edge over our Competitive set
- Obtain a full knowledge of competitor products in order that identification can be made when quoting to customers in order to understand market place.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Relevant Experience in a similar 4 or 5-star hospitality background.
- 3rd Level Degree in a Business Discipline.
- Significant experience with Opera or equivalent.
- Word-processing skills, preferably with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Susan on 021 4911065 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!