- Reference: AJ 44605
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Longford, Roscommon, Westmeath
- Category: Supply Chain & Logistics
Role: Responsible for managing a shift, ensuring efficient and effective performance in the warehouse, manage and develop the team championing continuous development, coaching to ensure excellent performance standards and driving and delivering measurable continuous improvement.
- Ensure staff carry out their duties in accordance with procedures
- Ensure Customer Services are provided with up to date relevant information to relay to clients
- Be responsible for the cleanliness of the warehouse and ensure vehicles bearing orders for delivery are clean and safe to use in terms of hygiene
- Implement new ways of working for the best practice utilisation of people and resources available to you in order to provide best in class customer satisfaction both internal and external.
- Ensure that all H&S processes are fully complied with.
- Ensure that all Quality Standards are fully complied with.
- Lead and motivate all employees by managing and monitoring all employee matters such as job objectives, appraisals and reviews to best practice agreed standards.
- Conduct team briefs to foster and promote good communications across the team and the Depot in general.
- Build an effective team to deliver operational plans in line with performance targets.
- Be prepared to carry out any specific project work as required.
- Good standard of education and or experience ideally related to logistics, transport or supply chain.
- 2 years +Supervising experience, preferably in the Logistics or Transport sector, capable of establishing effective and responsive organisational structures and operational procedures.
- Diplomatic and reasoned with credibility to influence.
- A good working knowledge of RSA/ER regulations and compliance requirements
- A highly self-motivated individual who has a strong commercial awareness and focus.
- Influential and persuasive, with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in the tight control of operating costs and ensuring regulatory compliance. Good understanding of overall governance issues.
- Good understanding of Distribution and strongly committed to staff as well as personal development.
- A highly organised, adaptable, flexible, conscientious, mature and self confident individual of integrity with a calm but focussed personality and ability to work under pressure.
For Further Information on this role, please contact Nicola Egan on 09064 78104 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie