- Reference: CJ45621
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Munster, Waterford
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
The primary purpose of this job is to manage and coordinate a production operation with high volume and/or multiple production teams/product lines which may include single or multiple shifts to ensure that production requirements, performance goals, and improvement objectives are achieved. Manages Supervisors who manage shifts within these functions. Further responsible for the identification and elimination of non-value-added cost from the production process.
- Adheres to company values and all safety and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), (FDA) regulations, Company policies and procedure, and other regulatory requirements.
- Manages cross shift in a manner that fosters continuous improvement, open communication and a self-directed team approach.
- Aligns product(s), line(s) and shift(s) with master plant production schedule and material planning to meet production goals.
- Manages departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to the Senior Operations Manager/DOO.
- Leads Management meetings to evaluate performance results and coach team to ensure proper actions are taken to achieve targets.
- Ensures full utilization and accuracy of data systems in the Production, Quality Systems and business analysis process.
- Accountable for identifying, initiating and potentially executing Lean initiatives, Quality initiatives, Kanban’s, and inventory management/reduction initiatives on assigned line(s), product(s) and shift(s) through the application of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
- Ensures that Production Supervisors and Associates participate in continuous improvement efforts and are trained to comply with quality system requirements.
- Provides ongoing communications and support to Plant Management in the attainment of Plant objectives.
- Provides guidance, leadership and direction to Supervisors and production Associates in all areas including: hiring, performance management, coaching and corrective actions.
- Builds a strong and engaged team with a culture of Associate participation and problem solving.
- Provides direction in the resolution of technical and production related problems to ensure completion.
- Performs analysis of production and related processes and makes recommendations on improvements and organization of continuous improvement activities.
- Participates in the new product introduction process(NPI)
- Ensures interdepartmental coordination and communication to meet customer requirements.
- Performs other functions as required.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree Level 8 in a Manufacturing/Engineering field.
- 5-10 years production experience including demonstrated progressive responsibilities and leadership experience.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Specialized Knowledge: Experience in management of production schedules, reading technical documents and blue prints preferred.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Quality Systems preferred.
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft office suite.
- Strong interpersonal skills & the ability to maximise asset utilization.
- Outstanding organization and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving ability
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling on 021 4809118 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!