- Reference: GYGN43354
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway
- Category: Information Technology
The Technical Support Engineer will provide support to end users and will be dealing with engineering teams to resolve issues and contribute to ongoing projects revolving around support tools, knowledge and management.
We are seeking an ambitious dynamic individual who is committed to solving customer issues promptly and professionally. We are seeking someone who will be able to work well in a team environment and communicate well with customers and colleagues.
Certificate/Diploma/Degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or Electronics Engineering
• Develop and maintain a complete understanding of our products and ongoing releases
• Customer liaison via phone, email or remote control
• Technical fault analysis & troubleshooting
• Answer calls and e-mails in line with team KPI’s.
• Keep customers (external and internal) informed of the status of their helpdesk issues
• On-site installation of products, including commissioning, upgrading and training
• Monitor performance of installed software and hardware products
• Respond quickly to urgent issues, escalating to product development team where required.
• Understanding of PC networking hardware/software concepts
• Knowledge of Windows 7 / 10 / Server 2012 standalone and in a network environment
• Familiarity with SQL / MS SQL server and databases. Ability to back up, restore, check back-ups etc.
• Analyse IT incidents and Service Desk Data to identify reoccurring issues and recommend measures to prevent reoccurrence
• Ability to perform root cause analysis and replicate and test problems in multiple environments
• Active directory – ability to set up and administer groups etc.
Ideal Skills but not essential:
• Familiarity with Citrix platform
• VMWare server console – including setting up / administrating VMs in VMWare and ESXi
For for furhter information on this opportuntiy and for a confidential discussion please contact Gillian Nicholson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Gillian on 091706706