- Reference: SJ43651
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Leitrim, Longford, Roscommon
- Category: Medical Devices
Our client, a leading Medical Device company in Leitrim, are looking to hire a Technical Director.
- Developing the company strategy for technical development including the design and development of catheters/medical devices and the development of catheter/medical device manufacturing technology.
- Recruitment, development, motivation and organisation of technical resources to ensure that catheter/medical device Design and Development (D and D), New Product Introduction (NPI) and Manufacturing Resources and technology are capable to meeting the company strategy and project goals.
- Managing and streamlining the D and D, NPI and other technical and business process ensuring overall company goals and strategies are achieved. Strive to make the company “best-in-class” in catheter development especially in terms of innovation, speed of development and quality of products.
- Ensure full compliance with company and regulatory procedures and requirements in all technical projects and developments.
- Support the Business Acquisition Process to provide technical and financial input to business development. Ensure strong relationships are developed and maintained between company technical staff and customers.
- Provide technical staff with support in terms of product designs and development, work methods, priorities, decision making, project management, customer relationship development, training and resources as required. Ensure good communication within the technical groups and with other departments.
- Assist and support other departments and managers particularly in the areas of financial (Capital budgets, project budgets and costs, profit and loss, etc.), manufacturing (problem solving, product and process development, Lean cost savings, etc), quality (customer complaints, CAPA’s. compliance, etc.), Health and Safety, Environmental, purchasing, maintenance, etc.
- Maintenance of records in IT systems including IQMS, Proquis and Time and Attendance, as required.
- As part of the management team, assist in developing the overall strategy for business acquisition, product and process development, manufacturing and other areas.
- Degree in Production Engineering, Polymer Science, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent Design or Engineering qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Medical Devices including the development and use of catheters and stents.
- Project Management capability and experience.
- Professional and knowledgeable with ability to develop strong relationships with customers and potential customers.
- Experience in high quality medical extrusion would be an additional benefit.
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job description please contact Mark Whelan on 071 914 2411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org,
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!