- Reference: GY45011AO
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway
- Category: Production
Purpose of the role:
- This person will provide the company with the technical resources to ensure that current and future projects are run in accordance with customer specifications and in-house specifications and standards.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Press set up and general maintenance.
- Problem solving technical issues and daily technical trouble shooting using a structured approach.
- Participate in Improvement teams.
- Lead team to ensure a Quality culture is developed
- Report tooling problems to the mould maintenance department.
- Responsible for the working conditions of all machinery in Moulding.
- Update all production information and communicate issues to other teams and management as deemed appropriate
- Carry out any Inspection activity as defined in the Operating Procedures.
- Efficiency of equipment performance in the Shift.
- Ensure the moulding machines are continuously supplied with the correct plastic materials
- As required define specific mould/press set up conditions.
- As required define Specific Work Practices.
- Work on a 4 cycle shift pattern
- Competency in driving Fork Lifts
- People management of all those that are on shift
Qualification and Other Skills:
- Polymer technology/ Mechanical Engineering /Plastics Engineering with minimum 3 years’ experience.
- Must have a very good knowledge of Injection Mould tooling and design
- Experience with multi-cavity moulds and hot runner systems a plus.
- Should have a good knowledge of the principles of 5S, SMED, and Kaizen
- Technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, assembly and production equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Strong team player, self-motivated.
- Excellent problem skills with attention to detail.
- Acquire a detailed understanding of all of the different automation systems.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Question: I am a manager in a high-paced media company. While I enjoy my job, the pressure is relentless. There are just not enough hours in the day to get all the work done and even when I get home, there is the pressure to be ‘always on’ and answer emails right up to bedtime. […]read whole article
Collins McNicholas has seen a 6% growth in registered job vacancies in the first half of 2017 compared with the first half of 2016. The number of candidates registered with Collins McNicholas is up by 24% in the same period. The growth in jobs shows a buoyant job market with candidates willing to switch jobs […]read whole article
Everything you need to know to find a job, including; how to prepare a CV and cover letter, how to prepare for a job interview, how to navigate the modern job market, and much more.view more