- Reference: 45201
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Dublin South, Dublin West
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Tax Manager to join market leader in enterprise application software.This is a 9 month contract available immediately. Ideal candidate will have 5yrs plus experience.
Local Tax Manager
As market leader in enterprise application software, our client helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – they empower people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition.
Reporting to the Regional Tax Manager EMEA the local tax manager will be responsible for the coordination and execution of all tax matters of one or more legal subsidiaries located in the responsible countries. Acting as local tax manager for our client in the responsible countries – primarily responsible for all areas of taxation including but not limited to
• Tax compliance (e.g. direct / indirect Tax, WHT)
• Tax Accounting
• Transfer pricing
• Tax audit and tax litigation
• Deal support
• Ensure that the subsidiaries meet full internal and external compliance requirements.
• Manage relationship to external advisors, in particular co-ordinate and manage tax matters handled by such external advisors in the area of (i) tax compliance e.g. CIT and VAT returns including monthly/quarterly returns, (ii) tax accounting, (iii) WHT, (iv) transfer pricing, (v) tax audit and tax litigation.
• Complete quarterly tax reporting requirements under FRS prniciples.
• Manage tax aspects on the transition in finance transformation process, together with all stakeholders and external outsourcing provider.
• Manage exchange of data and other relevant information (e.g. General Ledger, VAT/Sales Tax reports, Data on perm. / timing differences, info on payments for WHT, etc.) to external advisors.
• Ensure in cooperation with external advisors appropriate tax accounting according to IFRS for subsidiaries under responsibility.
• Provide tax support for the legal entity/entities of your responsibility on strategic tax issues and tax audits in cooperation with an external service provider where applicable.
• Assist with communication and negotiations with government authorities relating to tax matters in coordination with Regional Tax Manager.
• Manage tax risks (including accounting for uncertain tax positions) for the subsidiaries under his/her responsibility.
• Dealing with challenging tax queries in the business with deep understanding of the tax legislation of the countries under responsibility.
• Ensure compliance with group wide Transfer Pricing Policy in cooperation with external service provider where applicable.
• Support tax consideration on financing, funds flow management etc.
• Obtain and manage government grants and subsidies for the countries/ subsidiaries in charge.
• Support business on any kind of cross border business.
• Ensure a high level of “customer” satisfaction and building good business relations with key stakeholder.
• Support mergers or liquidation of legal entities following acquisition with M&A Tax Team and/or external advisors.
• Pro-active management of tax projects from a holistic tax perspective in coordination
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Education in Tax, Finance or Accounting. A CPA, qualified Tax Advisor or similar certification with focus on taxation is favorable.
• Willingness to develop further on international tax issues (direct taxes, GST/VAT/Service Taxes, customs duties, withholding taxes, transfer pricing, mergers & acquisition, organizational restructuring, investments involving location management)
• Willingness to get an understanding of tax accounting according to IFRS.
• Willingness to further develop experience in tax incentive planning and management of effective tax rates
• Strong pro-active project management skills as well as innovative ”solution seeker” rather than a ”problem definer” attitude
• Ability to work independently and under time pressure
• Ability to anticipate and manage change
• Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills, strong assertiveness
• Fluency in English
• 5-7 years working experience in tax consulting and or tax function or accounting function.
For further information on this role, please contact Ita Hodder on 09064 78104 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland. please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie