- Reference: A45695
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Dublin City Centre, Kildare, Leinster
- Category: Information Technology
As a result of a review of the ICT function in 2017 a new role has been created to drive the growth of new and existing ICT systems and processes within the organisation. The role is responsible for overseeing the implementation of the organisations systems development strategy and technology roadmap.
A key aspect of the role is leading change and managing programs of software development projects. The role requires identifying, developing, managing and implementing software solutions to both existing and new business processes and funding programmes.
Key Responsibilities – Systems Development Manager
– Plan, execute and finalise programs of projects according to strict deadlines and within budget
– Manage the delivery of high-quality software development services throughout the SDLC
– Support the definition and implementation of the overall ICT strategy and technology roadmap.
– Be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals
– Manage, develop and support the systems development team, including developers, business analysts, testers etc. This includes following formal performance management processes
– Achieve process efficiencies through the design and implementation of software solutions
– Manage the communication process with internal and external customers and communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation
– Draft and finalise detailed status / board reports and distribute to the various stakeholders
– Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
– Adopt a risk management approach to software delivery and ensure project RAID logs are created and managed
– Manage the procurement and budget aspects of the software development team
– Develop and implement training plans to support all system rollouts
– Liaise closely with other ICT unit leads to ensure the ICT function collaborates and works effectively together
– Manage vendor and contractor relationships, including quality of deliverables and approval of timesheets.
– Any other duties that may be assigned by the Head of ICT as appropriate to the position
Required Experience – Systems Development Manager
– Proven track record in process analysis, design and ICT implementation
– Proven experience of delivering software projects and programs of software projects
– Proven experience and knowledge of project management and core business consulting skills, including the SDLC.
– Proven ability to park own assumptions, challenge the assumptions of others, listen and draw information out of stakeholders to identify issues and requirements that are backed up with data from several vantage points
– Excellent influencing skills with the confidence to deal with staff effectively at all levels throughout the organisation
– Excellent ability to develop ICT solutions based on business needs & requirements
– Proven experience of generating innovative ideas in collaboration with others (through brainstorming, mind-mapping etc.) and translating these into practical solutions
– A pro-active problem solver with the ability to pre-empt potential issues and to learn quickly and find solutions
– Excellent negotiation skills
– Experience in leading and managing teams
– Minimum of a degree level qualification
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact David Lennon on 09064 78104 and email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!