- Reference: CJ44728
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Information Technology
- Understands the overall company vision and can relate this vision to specific business and system requirement details.
- Facilitates requirements interviews and workshops with project stakeholders, to identify process improvements and system features for complex technical projects, often requiring coordination of multiple functional areas.
- Analyzes and defines user requirements and translates them into clear and concise system requirements.
- Documents data requirements and conducts data analysis for integration and conversion efforts.
- Partner and collaborate with team members to ensure the data warehouse architecture support analytical end user requirements
- Reviews test and implementation plans and coordinates and supports user acceptance testing.
- Reviews technical training programs and assists with user training when needed.
- Reviews system procedures, guidelines and technical documentation of new systems to ensure company wide policies are up-to-date at all times.
- Assist with design and standardization of data models throughout the Global Data Warehouse
- Assist other systems analysts with testing, standards and technical issues
- Fosters and maintains effective collaborative relationships with Business Units and Analytics Systems group, including peer BSAs and User Experience Analysts, Project Managers, Developers and Data Quality Analysts.
- Maintains expert level of business functional knowledge and current automated technologies.
- Initiates and supports process improvement efforts to improve the quality and value of BSA contributions and deliverables.
- Provide off hours support for the BI, Data warehouse and reporting environments.
Skills and Experience:
- 3 to 5 years’ progressive experience as a Business / Systems Analyst, including various requirements gathering techniques and exposure to standard methodologies
- Proficient in analysing business objectives and requirements
- Proficient Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Skills in design and development of efficient analytic and reports solutions
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including aptitude towards problem identification, resolution and comprehension and interpretation of technical procedures.
- Ability to adapt to and manage change
- Experience with defining data requirements and comfort with related data activities, including intermediate SQL.
- Proficient in BI tools such as Tableau, Sisense, Power BI, or Microsoft SSRS/SSAS
- Experience with documentation tools e.g., MS Visio, Snagit, or like applications.
- Experience with database modelling skills, Normalized, Dimensional, Star Schema, Snow-Flake and Structured Query Language SQL
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Strong project management skills with effective results focus within an information systems environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Post-secondary degree in computer science or related field or a combination of related experience and education.
- A results oriented individual who thrives working in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Karen Collins on 021 4911064 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!