- Reference: SJ44772
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Leitrim, Longford, Westmeath
- Category: Information Technology
Our client based in Longford require a Systems Administrator to join their team.
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to best practise, enabling staff, customers and business operations to continue uninterrupted. They will also need to have a solid understanding of each core system, its function and importance to the business, maintenance requirements and support agreements in order to support the users of these systems throughout the business.
SA Engineering and Provisioning
- Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Install and configure business systems and applications.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
Operations and Support
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary. Continually review backup protocols to ensure they meet business demands. Maintain, test and update disaster recovery plans and procedures.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier III/other support and / or training per request from various sites. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted stakeholders.
- Assist with external and internal auditors during IT Audit.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade, configure and maintain system software and business applications as per upgrade schedule.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment
- Change control and management
IT Environment & Requirements
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Server and Workstation Operating Systems (Server 2008/2012, Windows 7/10) with strong knowledge of Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange and SQL server.
- Strong networking and TCP/IP skills
- Knowledge of technologies supporting Virtualisation (Hyper V), Symantec AV, Enterprise Backup (Veeam) and Storage Area Networks (Dell PowerEdge and Dell EqualLogic)
- Telephony – Cisco Video conferencing, Elastix VOIP
- Degree in Information Technology or equivalent industry qualifications
- 4-6 years’ experience in a similar role
- Must be a team player.
- Excellent communication
- Excellent documentation and organisational skills
- Understanding of ITIL and PRINCE2 methodologies.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins on 071-9140252 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!