- Reference: AJ44717
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Longford, Offaly, Westmeath
- Category: Supply Chain & Logistics
The Supply Chain Purchasing Assistant is responsible for facilitating the weekly ordering process with 3rd party vendors in managing supply into the distribution centers to guarantee a high service level. The Supply Chain Purchasing Assistant will provide support to the Supply Chain Manager as well as Customer Service and the Sales Team.
Key responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Execute the weekly order process with 3rd party vendors and other sites.
- Following up supply constraints with the vendors and manage a smooth supply into the DC’s.
- Support the Supply Chain function to record and monitor KPI’s to optimize performance of 3rd party vendors.
- Provide support to Customer Service and Sales Team about product availability and back orders.
- Provide support to QARA, Finance and other functions through various daily activities.
- Provide support to Supply Chain Manager with product setups and new product launches in our ERP system.
- Maintain shipping notifications (ASNs) on SAP.
- Orders samples / literature / brand reminders from suppliers for sales and marketing team.
- Manage and resolve stock discrepancies with our 3rd party logistics provider.
- Bachelor of Business Studies or similar (Familiarity with Supply Chain or Logistics & Distribution would be an advantage)
- Familiarity with SAP or similar ERP and MRP system, good working knowledge is preferable.
- Good IT skills and familiarity with MS Office required, i.e. MS Word and MS Excel at an intermediate level.
- Good organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and to work under own initiative is required
- Good verbal and written communications skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Approachable and enthusiastic
- Flexible and adaptable.
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!