- Reference: CJ43351x
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Munster, Tipperary
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Drives improvement and corrective action in the quality of components sourced from outside suppliers. Provides technical support in the selection of suppliers. Develops acceptance criteria for materials. Monitors supplier performance to drive supplier corrective action, manufacturing yield issues and field failures.
- Lead investigation of component quality issues as they arise. Work with supply chain, manufacturing value stream and suppliers to resolve issues and to disposition product.
- Promote the Quality System within the Supply Base. Work within a commodity structure, along with IQA and the business unit to ensure that components meet design requirements.
- Assist commodity team in the development of new supply sources, qualify component or process changes to specified parameters and within given timeframe.
- Manage and provide guidance in defining, implementing and follow-up of corrective and preventive actions to ensure that adequate corrective action is put in place by suppliers and monitor effectiveness of same.
- Develop supplier performance metrics and conduct regular performance reviews as well as annual audits with suppliers.
- Chair weekly quality review meetings with suppliers, and drive both proactive quality improvements and cost reductions.
- Work on supplier capability assessments: (SPC, Gage R&R, FMEA etc).
- Attend daily MRB meetings with manufacturing and quality value stream – take ownership for supplier related issues.
- Generate and maintain incoming inspection procedures. Trains inspectors to these procedures.
- Generate test protocols, monitor testing, issue qualification test reports and approve components for use in products.
- Provide input to Design Engineering on new component technology and assist in component selection with quality and reliability analysis.
- Analyses incoming material defects. Dispositions and drives corrective action as necessary. Communicates issues to suppliers.
- Investigates field failures related to supplier materials. Develop corrective action plan where necessary.
Experience & Qualifications
- Technical Degree, Honours Degree Level 8 -mandatory on NFQ, qualified in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline (Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electronic, Production etc.).
- Ideally 4-5 year’s experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent with Supplier Quality experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong Project Management skills combined with proven consistent execution within committed quality, time and cost targets.
- Experience/training in problem solving and process improvement methodologies.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Emer O’ Callaghan on 021 4911061 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!