- Reference: AJ44948
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Offaly, Westmeath
- Category: Production
The appointed Supplier Quality Engineer will assist with the implementation of and compliance to the Quality Management program and for supporting company goals, objectives, policies, procedures, quality systems and compliance with regulatory requirements (ISO, FDA, JPAL and other agencies as applicable), specifically in the area of Supplier Quality.
Supplier Quality Engineer responsibilities:
- Prepare, maintain and review supplier quality assurance procedures.
- Develop and execute the global supplier audit schedule. Travel to supplier facilities to conduct audits and to enhance effectiveness and capabilities.
- May also audit third-party manufacturers to ensure due diligence of supplier and subcontractor vendor selection process Review and analyze corrective action reports (SCAR’s) to reduce and eliminate defects.
- Process and implement supplier changes through the supplier change notification process
- Support supply chain managers in the development of new suppliers or existing suppliers of new components, to improve reliability and/or reduce cost.
- Ensure that suppliers and subcontractors receive engineering, manufacturing, and quality requirements.
- Drive continuous performance improvement and issue resolution with suppliers, engineering, and manufacturing utilizing tools such as Six Sigma DMAIC, FMEA, SPC, 8D Root Cause Analysis and Lean Manufacturing concepts.
Supplier Quality Engineer requirements:
- Five years experience in a similar role
- Experience with problem solving techniques.
- Familiarity of working in a regulated environment, specifically medical device, FDA or ISO registered work environments.
- Ability to effectively communicate highly technical information, both verbally and in writing, to both non-technical and technical associates.
- Qualification in Quality, Science or Engineering, and/or relevant experience
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job description (or more information on the role), please contact Tina Egan on 09064 78104or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!