- Reference: GJ42920
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Limerick, Sligo
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
- The main function of this role is to support the Product Development activity by identifying and evaluating existing and emerging material technologies that may serve to advance the current state of the art in device design.
- Collaborate with key material suppliers to develop specifications, test methods and processing methods to meet product design, quality and cost requirements.
- Provide support within the organisation where needed to aid in problem solving or improvement activities.
- Learn the manufacturing processes and equipment in order to understand them, so as to be competent in providing technical support to production.
- Project management using standard methodology.
- Assist in training employees in new or improved processes.
- Process and product validation.
- Process / layout design and implementation.
- Develop and support related documentation: – ECO generation to introduce changes and maintain DMR documentation.
- Sourcing, specifying and purchasing production equipment.
- Jigs and fixture specification and development.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Material Science, ideally with relevant polymer processing experience in the areas of coatings, extrusion or molding.
- Knowledge of engineering theories, methods and work measurement techniques.
- Ability to apply engineering methods in the definition, design, research, development, utilisation, maintenance, and cost-control of processes and equipment to build the company’s products and improve qualities and reduce costs of such processes and products.
- Ability to communicate and work with people inside and outside the Department as necessary to execute these responsibilities.
- Ability to train and lead assigned employees.
- Ability to understand and follow appropriate Departmental policies, procedures, practices and to understand inter-relationships of people and functions.
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations, systems and project management, including procurement, inventory control, quality control, production planning and control, test and inspection, layout.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please contact Christopher O’Toole on 091-706719 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!