- Reference: 43833
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Dublin North, Louth, Monaghan
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
- The incumbent will have primary responsibility for the approval of all raw material specifications (with input from other functions as necessary Microbiology, NPD, QA, Production, Health & Safety etc. ) based on legislation, customer requirements, internal requirements and good practice. They will actively assist in the review of the specification, with attention to detail, offer recommendations, modification, be willing to question & investigate information or progress approval.
- To own and manage the raw material specification system, to ensure all relevant information is available on the specifications drive, up-dated as new information is received and ensure old information is archived. To offer & implement improvements and suggestions to strengthen the raw material specification system.
- The Raw Material Specification system must meet BRC, customer and internal requirements. This will include ensuring all raw material specifications are reviewed as per BRC/customer/internal requirements and all amends are communicated effectively. To achieve any departmental KPI e.g. % specifications approved versus unapproved. To represent the company during audits, customer visits. 1st production runs etc.
- Open lines of communications and team work between QA, NPD, Purchasing, Supplier Audit, Specifications Manager and the supplier is required. Regular meetings particularly with purchasing to monitor supply issues, new suppliers & changes to raw material specification & E-auctions and NPD for new launches/product changes.
- To assist in the support, guidance and documentation to the Technical, NPD and Operational teams
- To be responsible for own development with regards to food legislation, nutrition, labelling etc. using the resources offered e.g. Campden, BFFF, FDII, FSA, FSAI, Europa, E-mail alerts, customer policies etc. Identify and discuss any gaps.
- Working knowledge of the finished product specification function and artwork/packaging approval to cover absences with support from QA controller/NPD manager as necessary.
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job description (or more information on the role), please contact Donie Shine – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0906478104.
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!