- Reference: CJ43925
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Production
The Sourcing Manager will lead the development and implementation of strategic sourcing activities in assigned suppliers and/or commodities; with goal to obtain the best quality, service, and value for products and services through effective bidding, negotiation, and supplier management. The Sourcing Manager will lead the development and implementation of strategies and projects related to cost reduction initiatives, new product development, supply base optimization and rationalization, quality improvements, risk assessments, and contract negotiations
- Leading cross functional teams to develop best in class strategic sourcing strategies for assigned suppliers and/or commodities in support of business objectives.
- Drive implementation of supplier and/or commodity strategy which will include spend/supply assessments, consolidation strategy, sourcing selection, financial and make v’s buy analyses.
- Develop a contract strategy for suppliers and create, negotiate, monitor and enforce when applicable.
- Develop strong relationships with key suppliers as well as other disciplines within the businesses. Represent the ‘voice of the supplier’ in the organization.
- Participate in new product launches; lead supplier selection, requests for quotes and insurance that suppliers are clear on product launch deliverables; collaborate with cross-functional teams for successful launch.
- Responsible for assuring cost standards are established for annual operating budgets.
- May mentor / provide support for graduate /entry level positions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Management, Business, Finance, Engineering or related field.
- 5 years’ experience in Supply Management with focus on strategic sourcing and supplier development.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to plan, organize, and implement multiple concurrent tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to express ideas and collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent PC Literacy (Excel, SharePoint, ERP Systems).
- Excellent Negotiation skills
- Strong Business & Financial Acumen.
- Excellent Communication and Influencing skills.
- Proven Project Management capability with demonstrated results.
- Stakeholder Management
- Knowledge and application of supplier contract strategy, negotiations, contractual terms, andcontract administration.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Susan on 021 4911065 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!