- Reference: SJ45042
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Mayo, Roscommon, Sligo
- Category: Legal
Our client based in Mayo requires a Solicitor on a 3 year contract basis.
- Co-ordinate, monitor and prioritise legislative requirements across all departments and functions within the organisation.
- Prioritise workload to ensure critical deadlines are met.
- Advise on Legal & Compliance Matters relating to the vires and role of the organisation across all of functions and responsibilities within the relevant national and EU legal instruments.
- Input into drafting primary and secondary legislation for (i) national proposals ensuring compliance and alignment with international EU obligations in legal and policy approach and (ii) the transposition / implementation of EU and international obligations into Irish law;
- Advise and support internal stakeholders on contractual issues and associated problem solving, EU law, procurement, commercial and IP law, insurance, litigation and employment law.
- Draft, negotiate and review a broad range of commercial agreements including supply of goods and services agreements, , confidentiality agreements, IT & IP licence agreements, leases consultancy agreements and other bespoke agreements across the organisation and its locations.
- Provision of advice and guidance on prosecutions and prosecution practice as well as circular for issue to appointed prosecutors.
- Advice and guidance on preparation of response to case stated/Judicial reviews.
- Engagement with internal and external stakeholders and representing the organisation as may be required from time to time.
- Represent the organisation in Court from time to time.
- Collate and analyse Court decisions that impact on the work of the organisation
- Manage and co-ordinate any third party legal advice required.
- A minimum of three years’ post-qualification experience;
- At least a 2.1 honours law degree or equivalent;
- Experience of drafting legislation / legal documents
- Strong report writing skills;
- A demonstrable ability to work with highly technical and complex legislation;
- Strong knowledge and experience of statutory interpretation and canons of construction;
- A working knowledge of European Law;
- The ability to provide sound principled legal analysis to complex legal issues in a clear and succinct manner;
- Strong project management skills;
- An ability to work independently at a high level while also being able to work as part of and lead a team.
- Proven track record of delivery and completion.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins on 071-9140252 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!