- Reference: CJ44465
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Information Technology
Our client is seeking to hire an outstanding automation engineer to work on developing cutting-edge software applications. As part of the team, the successful candidate will be focused on ensuring the highest quality in software solutions deliverables to maintain the company’s leading market position in the automotive diagnostics industry.The candidate must possess exceptional testing skills and have an excellent understanding of quality assurance best practices. Candidates must be capable of developing test plans/strategies for evolving software. Candidates should be able to coordinate automated and manual testing to ensure quality software is released.
- Degree in Computer Science / Engineering / other Science, or equivalent.
- 2 – 3 years of SQA experience (with a minimum of 2 years writing and executing automated tests).
- Experience working with UI automation tools – recording and/or scripting experience.
- Experience in using a test management system including designing test plans, writing test cases and scheduling test runs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a successful track record working in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English Language.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Self-Motivated and Self-Organizing, results oriented with the ability to deliver the highest quality software using industry best-practice methodologies.
- Focused attention to detail coupled with strong trouble-shooting and multi-tasking abilities.
- Bug Tracking/Reporting and collating Data to stakeholders.
The following skills are not essential, but desirable:
- Certification in ISTQB – Foundation Level or higher.
- Experience of Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Exposure to Ranorex Automation Suite.
- Automotive knowledge.
- Work with developers, testers and product managers to reproduce errors, identify issues and resolve problems.
- Work primarily on automated test development and execution with some manual testing as required.
- Develop and maintain test tools and suites for automation testing.
- Conduct tests based on test schedules and on an ad hoc basis as needed for Production Support.
- Closely work with the development and business team to ensure that testing needs are met.
- Validate defects that have been reported. Work with engineers to identify feasible solutions and workarounds. Provide feedback on defects reported.
- Involvement and input into the team and company’s continuous improvement activities as required.
- Interact with other Teams in Cork and at the company’s other facilities, mainly in the USA and Eastern Europe.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Karen Collins on 021 4911064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos