- Reference: LK44930
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Limerick, Tipperary
- Category: Information Technology
Collins McNicholas currently have an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer with one of their clients in the Mid-West Region. This role is a permanent position.
The following are the key requirements for the role:
- Apply your software engineering prowess to development of complex electro/mechanical instruments.
- Innovate at all levels of our products, from instrument control, management and performance to new instrument applications and product security, all in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams.
- Be capable of working independently to specify, plan, design, develop, test and support software components; also presenting/participating in design reviews and code inspections
- Translate requirements into design and implementation of well-structured and documented software components; anticipate system faults, failures, or unusual events, ensuring software adequately mitigates identified risks, and develop automated unit test cases to assure software meets the design criteria
- Adhere to all company development policies and software quality procedures
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other related engineering field with relevant experience in software development.
- A strong understanding of software design and systems & architecture concepts and their application in a professional environment within a software team structure.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies, including Agile.
- Experience with and proficiency in:
- C++ Development
- Networking fundamentals
- C#, ASP.Net MVC development
- Database interfacing – OLEDB, Entity Framework and Nhiberate
- Additionally, experience with the following is an advantage
- Experience with electro/opto-mechanical instrumentation development
- Experience with software build and release process
- Interfaces to Laboratory Information Systems such as HL7 or ASTM
- Real-time operating system concepts
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and debug complex software systems
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Experience working in a regulated (FDA) environment with medical instrumentation is a plus
For a confidential discussion on the above role please contact Michael O’Leary on 061-512270