- Reference: CJ45665
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Production
The purpose of this position is to support management of the import, export, transit and compliance activities and efforts for the company’s manufacturing sites to ensure adherence with laws and to improve and support operational efficiency.
- Work directly with the Irish manufacturing sites to ensure that all import/export transactions are in compliance with European Customs Law through deployment/integration of internal controls
- Perform importing/exporting operational activities and resolve day-to-day issues that may result in border delays
- Analyse manufacturing supply chains for potential usage of Special Trade Program and their proper usage
- Monitor EU trade compliance regulatory and legislative changes and alert the appropriate parties internally on the impact to the business
- Assist in the development of solutions to issues faced by the businesses and the necessary controls around any change
- Maintain and control records of all imports and exports that have been processed under Economic Customs Procedures (IPR, PCC and OPR).
- Focal point on assigning local country tariff classifications, export control classification numbers, customs valuation and country of origin determination. This includes providing correct documentation and information concern tariff classification, customs valuation and country of origin
- Support import/export/duty management projects that focus on driving efficiencies or cost savings for the company
- Assist in the capturing and analysing of metrics associated with trade operations for reporting up to the site and Global Trade Compliance leadership
- Support adherence of the sites to the Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) routine compliance monitoring and reporting requirements
- Deployment and execution of a self-audit program to ensure continued compliance with customs law and internal policies on exports and imports
- Support and execute the enhancement of the customs broker management program in Ireland
- Proficient in English
- Diploma / University degree in a related field (e.g., international trade, supply chain, logistics, legal preferred)
- Previous experience working in a customs agent/broker’s agency, multinational company, consulting firm, pharmaceutical company or logistics service provider preferred.
- Knowledge on EU and Irish import regulations and activities, etc.
- Knowledge of Irish Customs AEP transactions or with self-filing of import and export entries in Ireland
- Knowledge and experience on European Customs and AEO
- Ability to work effectively under time/workload pressure
- Experience with global trade software platforms (e.g. SAP Global Trade Services module)
- Strong planning, time management, and organizational skills with ability to multi task
- Strong interpersonal skills; enjoys working in a collaborative team environment and has the ability to train and lead others
- Can drive continuous process improvements.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Susan on 021 4911065 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!