- Reference: CJ44702
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Production
Leads Engineering Excellence and more complex change initiatives across the business. Mentors and develops Engineers. Deputises for the Engineering Manager. May have responsibility for Production Area(s) and Team(s).
- Actively participate in day to day leadership of the business, and positively contribute to the Engineering team, driving engagement activities.
- Lead the continuous improvement activities.
- Build a great time by hiring excellent talent, develop, engage and performance manage. Coach and mentor the Engineering Team.
- Identifies, develops and implements processes to improve department performance. Provides manufacturing support by defining work assignments directed to address manufacturing process defects and implement process improvements utilizing Quality System tools.
- Develops and/or identifies new work processes and the improved utilization of human and material resources within the operations function.
- Engage and participate in supporting the delivery of BU’s KPI’s.
- Oversee the development of operational standards to be used in the plant for capacity evaluations, budget planning and as a basic for operational measures (Key performance indicator).
- Continuously improve the performance of the business by providing technical solutions to operations issues.
- Provide leadership and direction to the BU on technology development and application within the manufacturing process.
- Support all capital acquisition activity from specifying equipment, contract negotiation, Installation and validation.
- Take ownership for driving the engineering Competency Management Process within the business units.
- Effectively communicate project updates.
- Prioritise, plan and schedule all work. Works under minimal supervision. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Directs Engineering personnel to support the operations process & system by defining projects focused on continuous improvement of the operations business.
- Promoting the Quality First culture throughout the organization through the management of continuous improvement initiatives and building capabilities within the team and the wider organization.
- All other duties as assigned
- Level 8 Engineering Degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent Technical experience.
- Minimum of 6 years’ relevant experience in a manufacturing environment, and Has previous supervisory experience ideally.
- Good knowledge of GMP / FDA regulatory requirements is desirable.
- Proven experience of implementing Lean tools.
- Business understanding of operations essential.
- High level of PC skills.
- A demonstrated ability to supervise, coach and guide others.
- Strong communication skills with both Internal and external agents.
- An ability to facilitate a team of engineers to deliver a specific objective.
- Flexibility essential with strong project management skills.
- The individual should enjoy working in a, dynamic, regulated and results motivated team based environment.
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills and ability to manage and delegate multiple tasks and achieve objectives through others.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling on 021 4809118 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!