- Reference: GJ42357 z
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Galway, Galway city
- Category: Production
Senior Strategic Sourcing Specialist required with 6 years in procurement (sourcing) and supplier relationship management experience in a manufacturing environment. Galway
- Responsible for developing and executing optimal commodity and sourcing strategies. Establish and enhance Supplier relationships to drive sourcing and supplier initiatives to meet or exceed product quality, service & deliver sustainable cost reductions, whilst reducing or mitigating risk in the Supply Chain.
- Responsible for collaborating with internal stakeholders and aligning on optimal sourcing strategies to develop and implement one common Commodity Strategy for the assigned category.
- Responsible for developing a Supplier Database that identifies and categorises potential suppliers by commodity and region to increase the value proposition and reduce TCO.
- Provide strategic influence while building value-add relationships with engaged 3rd party suppliers and respective internal stakeholders to increase sourcing efficiency.
- Promotes and works towards balanced continuous (year-on-year) value improvement for all aspects of quality, service and cost with assigned supply base. Manages supplier performance and identifies Value Improvement Program’s to improve TCO accordingly.
- Ensures optimal balance between collaborative engagement and competitive pressure to ensure maximum value is realised.
- Negotiates value improvements and manages optimal supplier contracts.
- Assists in the Supplier Stratification activities and develops capability roadmaps with Supplier Engineering and Commodity Management as part of the Commodity Strategy.
- Manages strategic supplier relationships in line with the Commodity Strategy and understands the strategic differentiators for each supplier.
- Interacts with Site Operational Procurement Teams.
- Owns annual budget process for assigned suppliers as well as crisis or systematic issue resolution.
- Minimum of 6 years Strategic Procurement (Sourcing) and Supplier Relationship Management Experience in a manufacturing environment. Medical Device experience is an advantage.
- Level 8 degree in relevant field
- Or Level 8 degree in none related field plus Diploma in relevant field.
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job spec (more information on the role), please contact Noeleen Stewart on 091-706712 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!