- Reference: CJ43852
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Supply Chain & Logistics
Exciting opportunity to join a leading multinational manufacturing organisation. You will be responsible for guiding teams in the development and implementation of sourcing strategies to optimise the supply chain through partnering with best in class suppliers. This role serves as an escalation path and advisor for supplier management issues related to Commodities or CM/OEM Management and teams with process partners to ensure alignment of goals, strategies, and initiatives.
- Lead a team of sourcing managers to drive supplier strategy toward aggressive cost improvement and performance targets
- Influence the organisation across departments to support the Commodity and/or CM / OEM strategy and make sound decisions on supplier strategy and business development direction
- Management responsibilities include setting structure for the sourcing organization, identifying appropriate talent, developing job descriptions, objectives, Key Performance Indicators and performance goals.
- Partner across departments/divisions to implement consistent global sourcing strategy and processes. Responsibilities include: Supplier and market analysis, Cost modeling, Supplier negotiations, Contract management, Supplier performance management, Supplier Selection, and Commodity Strategy
- Support companywide initiatives to develop and implement decision support and data systems to enhance supply chain decision making and performance monitoring.
- Demonstrated peer leadership and influence at a senior management level.
- Bachelor’s degree (Supply Chain Mgt, Engineering, Finance or equivalent experience)
- 7+ years of experience in Operations and/or Quality functions.
- Experience in a regulated industry preferred
- Supply Chain training is desired along with experience developing, negotiating, and implementing commercial contracts to include: supply and quality agreements (QAA).
- Experience managing commodities and/or strategic sourcing teams in a manufacturing environment. Ability to lead and influence across multiple departments and levels
- Financial analysis and negotiation skills required at complex levels
- Strategic analysis skills required.
- Understanding of procurement strategy and commodity management in a manufacturing environment.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Michael on 021 4911062 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!