- Reference: LK44912
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Limerick, Tipperary
- Category: Information Technology
Collins McNicholas currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer with one of their clients in the Mid-West Region. This role is a permanent position.
The following are the key requirements for the role:
- Apply your software engineering prowess to development of complex electro/mechanical instruments.
- Innovate at all levels of our products, from instrument control, management and performance to new instrument applications and product security, all in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams.
- Be capable of working independently to specify, plan, design, develop, test and support software components, and also have the capacity to mentor others including presenting/participating in design reviews and code inspections
- Translate requirements into design and implementation of well-structured and documented software components; anticipate system faults, failures, or unusual events, ensuring software adequately mitigates identified risks, and develop automated unit test cases to assure software meets the design criteria
- Adhere to all company development policies and software quality procedures
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other related engineering field with a minimum of 5 years of experience in software development.
- A strong understanding of software design and systems & architecture concepts and their application in a professional environment within a software team structure.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies, including Agile.
- Multi-threaded C#/.NET development
- VxWorks operating System
- Experience with serial protocols (rs232, rs485, rs422) and TCP/IP and socket development and knowledge of Windows networking fundamentals (IP protocol, switches, routers)
- Developing with relational databases, SQL server preferred
- Experience with electro/opto-mechanical instrumentation development, robotics, motion control and sensors
- Profiling and throughput optimization
- Experience with Unix/Linus System Programming
- Experience with ActiveX, COM+, WCF, CORBA
- Image capture and image processing software development
- Experience with and proficiency in:
- Additionally, experience with the following is an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and debug complex software systems
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Experience working in a regulated (FDA) environment with medical instrumentation is a plus
For a confidential discussion on the above role please contact Michael O’Leary on 061-512270