- Reference: GJ43670
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Mayo, Sligo
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
- Main responsibility will involve the redesign of a medical device consisting of both a Disposable Catheter and an Electronic Control Unit.
- The suitable candidate would be expected to drive the project from concept to commercialization.
- Work with a small internal team and external consultants/companies to deliver timely results.
- Initial concept work would require independent research and familiarisation with current technology.
- Ability to interface with physicians and medical advisors to ensure specific market requirements are designed into the product.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of Degree Level Qualification in Mechanical Engineering or other similar engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a product design role within the medical device sector.
- Ability to work independently and hands on to perform testing and to develop prototypes.
- Experience of working to medical device design procedures.
- Knowledge of the latest International technical standards to ensure new device designs comply.
- Experience with electronics would be an advantage but not essential.
- Proven track record in innovative product design and the ability to carry a product design project through to manufacturing handover.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please email your CV to: email@example.com
view salary guide
December isn’t just a time for Christmas shopping, it is also the best time of year to shop around for a new job. You might think that December is a quiet month for companies while they focus on year-end activities, but thankfully the need for hiring doesn’t stop in the build up to Christmas. People […]read whole article
I attended the AIT Careers & Further Study Fair on Thursday 10th November with my colleague Tina Egan. Collins McNicholas were delighted to be in attendance. There was over 50 stands from companies and colleges from all disciplines and sectors. We got to say hello to most of our clients in Abbott, Mergon, Teleflex , […]read whole article
Everything you need to know to find a job, including; how to prepare a CV and cover letter, how to prepare for a job interview, how to navigate the modern job market, and much more.view more