- Reference: GJ43670
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Mayo, Sligo
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
- Main responsibility will involve the redesign of a medical device consisting of both a Disposable Catheter and an Electronic Control Unit.
- The suitable candidate would be expected to drive the project from concept to commercialization.
- Work with a small internal team and external consultants/companies to deliver timely results.
- Initial concept work would require independent research and familiarisation with current technology.
- Ability to interface with physicians and medical advisors to ensure specific market requirements are designed into the product.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of Degree Level Qualification in Mechanical Engineering or other similar engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a product design role within the medical device sector.
- Ability to work independently and hands on to perform testing and to develop prototypes.
- Experience of working to medical device design procedures.
- Knowledge of the latest International technical standards to ensure new device designs comply.
- Experience with electronics would be an advantage but not essential.
- Proven track record in innovative product design and the ability to carry a product design project through to manufacturing handover.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
view salary guide
Collins McNicholas opens branch in city, creating seven new jobs Positive and sustained growth in Midwest behind move Limerick a ‘strong alternative’ to Dublin and Cork Collins McNicholas has opened a new regional office in Limerick, to service its client base in the Midwest region. The opening of the new branch this month, which will […]read whole article
2016 was another good year for job growth in Ireland. Over the course of the year, unemployment dropped from 8.9% to 7.2%, to reach an eight year low. Foreign Investment IDA Ireland companies performed very well in 2016, with employment by overseas companies almost reaching the 200,000 mark. These companies created just under 19,000 jobs […]read whole article
Everything you need to know to find a job, including; how to prepare a CV and cover letter, how to prepare for a job interview, how to navigate the modern job market, and much more.view more