- Reference: GJ3456356
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Galway City, Mayo
- Category: Medical Devices
The Senior Quality Engineer will provide quality engineering support and leadership to our NPI and Operations Teams. Reporting to the Quality Manager, the position will be challenging and will require an ability to both lead a team and work on one’s own initiative with a minimum of supervision. The role will take the lead in implementing and improving quality engineering throughout the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and effectively deliver all quality related aspects of New Product Introduction, ensuring all customer requirements are identified, documented, understood and met.
- Lead the implementation of Structured Problem Solving to drive root cause identification for process and product issues.
- Drive and implement continuous improvement to processes and product quality.
- Perform an active role in further development of the quality management system.
- Supervision, coaching and mentoring of Quality Technicians and Quality Engineers.
- Work with suppliers and customers on the resolution of product quality issues and quality improvement programs.
- Hosting, performing and supporting customer, vendor, internal and external audits to ISO
- Take on other duties which the Company may assign you from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical field.
- At least five years’ experience as a Quality Engineer. While Healthcare/Medical Device industry experience would be an advantage it is not an essential requirement for this role.
- Strong Structured Problem Solving and Root Cause Analysis experience (Lean 6 Sigma
- Green Belt desirable).
- Experience of New Product Introduction and manufacturing process transfer.
- Proven ability to work independently and under own initiative. Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Experience with leading and participating in several projects concurrently.
- Ability to supervise and mentor Quality team members
- Previous ISO 14001 implementation experience desirable