- Reference: CJ44343
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
This is an excellent opportunity to take projects from conception to completion working for leading blue chip companies in the Biotechnology, Beverage, Dairy and Pharmaceutical process industries. This continuity aids the efficient execution of projects and provides a lot of job satisfaction for those involved. Our engineers work directly with our customers and would be expected to have a strong professional relationship with them. The Senior Project Engineers must be capable of:
- Developing and proposing optimum technical & commercial solutions to meet client requirements,
- Presenting the benefits of their proposal to the client,
- Implementing and executing the project to ensure technical and commercial success against agreed targets.
The position will involve all aspects of the technical and commercial implementation of projects including:
- Conceptual design of process solutions
- Preparation of proposals to meet client requirements
- Detailed engineering across process, mechanical and instrumentation disciplines.
- Manage the design for control and electrical aspects.
- Material and subcontractor procurement
- Supervision of drawing preparation.
- Managing safety and quality on projects
- Commissioning of process systems
- Collation of documentation for project handover
- Technical sales & support for process equipment applications
Summary of Key Responsibilities and Competencies:
As a Senior Project Engineer you will be responsible for and competent in the following areas:
- Engineering Competency E.g. Fluid, Thermal, Steam, Automation, Pneumatics
- Process Knowledge / Project Types e.g. CIP Systems
- Equipment Knowledge / Selection e.g. Pumps, Valves
- Gemü Equipment Knowledge
- Drawings e.g. 2D & 3D CAD
- Project Management / Quality e.g. All phases from enquiry to delivery
- Purchasing for Projects e.g. procurement to a specification and within budget
- Project Documentation e.g. as agreed in the contract
- Project Cost Control, as per project budgets
- Variation Management:
- Project Administration / Record Keeping e.g. appropriate record keeping
- Engineering Meetings – Lead Role
- Safety: as per safety manuals and standards
- CE Marking, compliance where required.
- Standards Familiarity e.g. ASME
Education & Experience
- Experience in Process Engineering and Project Engineering in the Beverage/Brewery, Biotechnology or Dairy industries
- A degree, or equivalent in mechanical or chemical engineering
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in leading and managing projects in process industries
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A consistent record of initiative and achievement
- A commitment and ability to get the job right first time
- Particularly experience in design and implementation of projects involving Clean-In-Place, product routing, unit operations including batching, mixing, filtration, purification, and process temperature control.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling on 021 4809118 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!