- Reference: GJ42877
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
An experienced engineer to focus on creating & integrating packaging solutions that are robust in design to meet customer expectations both internally and externally.
- Provide technical leadership in design & development of packaging concepts across our key businesses
- Lead technical deliverable with application of solid modelling & predictive engineering tools to mitigate risk w package design.
- Technical Material analysis in the area of sterile pouch and thermoformed tray design to meet the associated distribution environment
- Rigorous engineering analysis during design development to allow for smooth transition of P&L deliverables thru out the PDP process
- Technical level communication and integration across R&D Development Team
- Application of VOC thru Galway CIC & via Cat Lab interaction in the P&L space
- Strong project management execution skills
- Provide Leadership and direction to a core recourse pool (P&L) in driving Packaging engineering deliverables.
- Participate actively with a broad array of support Vendors.
- Monitor specific in country regulations as they apply to Packaging Materials and Processes.
- Evolve best practices for packaging qualification programs against required International standards both PDP & Process Qualification
- Provide direct input to Sterilization Methods and process changes, with particular input on impacts from a Packaging perspective.
- Understand and comply with Company Guidelines and Regulations.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience and qualified to degree level in engineering, science or related discipline.
- Proven design and development experience with demonstrated competency in this area
- Medical device technology experience, ideally in interventional vascular devices.
- Proficient Project leadership skills and demonstrated competency in this area.
- Strong interpersonal skill’s as part of a dynamic team structured environment.
- Ability to work across multiple Projects teams.
- Broad biomedical materials and processing knowledge.
- Good team skills – a high level of enthusiasm and motivation.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please contact Christopher O’Toole on 091-5706719 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!