- Reference: GJ4523453
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Galway City, Mayo
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
This role works very closely with peer OPEX Managers across multiple sites, as it becomes a Centre of Excellence. They will apply industry standard techniques to drive a structured approach to optimise Process Improvement, for increased productivity and quality, and reduced waste. Responsible for leading the deployment of Process Improvement in the Galway site utilising Lean Six Sigma / McKinsey methodology of transformational change
To identify and drive operational efficiencies, Improvement initiatives within Allergan, in line with best practice methodologies aligned with Lean Six Sigma.
The role will report into the Executive Director of Operations and support the improvement activities being undertaken throughout the Galway site as required.
The role will require a hands-on approach, working with cross-functional teams, to develop and support delivery of site-specific Process Improvement initiatives. All the time, keeping in line with other facilities within the Allergan OPEX network. A willingness to travel is a core requirement.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for creating a PMO that drives operational Process Improvement methodology activities using Lean Six Sigma statistical tools such as Capability analysis, Design of Experiments, ANOVA, ANOM, etc., to analyse relevant targets and cost savings.
- Support the site Leadership Team in delivery of annual operational Process Improvement targets.
- Work with local facility stakeholders to develop / deliver annual programmes to optimise Process Improvements, for increased productivity and quality, and reduced waste.
- Key driver of Galway site operational Process Improvement projects/ initiatives in line with Allergan strategic goals.
- Provide training as required on Lean Six Sigma tools.
- Development of Galway site standards pertaining to operational Process Improvement metrics.
- Representing Allergan at trade shows and exhibitions to identify potential new equipment and processes; subsequently producing feasibility reports.
- Any other responsibilities deemed appropriate to the role.
- Min. 5 years’ experience in a Process Improvement role, Ideally with some Management experience?
- 3rd Level Qualification in Process, Manufacturing or Mechanical engineering
- Lean Six Sigma Green / Black belt qualification or equivalent
- Manufacturing Industry Experience
- Excellent project management skills
- Capable of leading large & small projects in a timely manner
- A clearly defined strategic thought process and a continuous improvement mind-set
- Demonstrate excellent problem solving skills and structured problem solving
- Confident to liaise at all levels, articulate with good presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Ability to interact with multiple stakeholders
- An ability to work/lead effectively in cross-functional teams
- Willingness to travel