- Reference: GJ42074
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
The Engineer will project Manage site wide programmes to deliver strategic Improvements and enable Operational Excellence. Identify and lead value improvement and waste elimination projects that drive plant and company performance improvements while promoting the development and advancement of the lean culture within the plant
- Provide technical leadership on Operational Excellence/Lean systems and tools
- Lead, coach and mentor the Industrial Engineering team in Continuous Improvement, Lean and Operational Excellence thinking
- Lead facility layout and design projects with the Process Development Engineering, Production, Facilities and Manufacturing Engineering teams (as directed by site).
- Drive the on-going introduction and advancement of lean manufacturing culture, principles and practices across the plant and work with local management to define and implement the Operational Excellence goals and plans at a site and local level.
- Constantly promote, educate and instil the culture of waste identification and elimination throughout the plant in manufacturing and support areas.
- Coordinate and lead general engineering tasks, which may include: creating and updating standards, maintaining BOMS and routers and creating and approving change requests (as directed by site).
- Develop and conduct Lean training programs for employees at all levels and departments.
- Create, maintain and refine a Lean toolkit that can include: 5S, Kaizen, quick change over, value stream mapping, mistake proofing and line balancing.
- Promote cross-functional and inter-site teamwork to accomplish shared objectives.
- May supervise, mentor or provide work direction to other members of the Industrial Engineering team.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
Skills Experience & Qualifications:
- HETAC Level 7/8 qualification in a relevant discipline with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience.
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team & on own with minimum supervision
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job description (or more information on the role), please contact Christopher O Toole on 091706713 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!