- Reference: GJ23546
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Galway City, Mayo
- Category: Medical Devices
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a small technical team through direct and matrix structure reporting. Provide direction required to meet project deadlines within the NPI group, cross functionally and with external suppliers and Stakeholders.
- Plan, lead, organise and control multiple complex projects from initial concept to final validation and manage handover to Production.
- Conduct detailed product design reviews.
- Drive projects using own initiative and structured project management tools and reporting.
- Responsibility for project schedule and resource planning, cost control, capital expenditure justification, quality, and safety.
- Anticipate customer needs and propose alternative innovative business solutions
- Preparing project plans and costings to justify a change, or investment, and successfully presenting these proposals to key stakeholders
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- Direct PFMEA studies and lead risk assessment effort for overall process
- Manage the creation of product technical files including SOP, Validations and test methods.
- Drive a strong emphasis on lean principles through all projects.
- Mentor others in engineering and project management best practice.
A relevant honours engineering degree or equivalent qualification.
Postgraduate Qualification is preferable however not a requirement
Project Management Professional Qualification desirable
- 5 years’ experience of technical project management / NPI within the Medical
- A strong background in DFM, Lean and Six Sigma, with structured problem solving skills and root cause analysis.
- Understanding of ergonomics and its application in a production environment.
- In-depth knowledge of validations and a history of transfers to production.
Senior NPI Engineer
- A proven track record in delivering major projects and owning and controlling associated Capital and Expense budgets.
- Excellent communicator with strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD / Solidworks and / or 3D modelling experience
- Ability to motivate personnel
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- People management/supervisory experience