- Reference: GJ41634yyyyyy
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Limerick, Sligo
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
- To lead a team of Engineers and Technicians to deliver high impact technical support to manufacturing operations.
- To understand the engineering team skill-set and capabilities and to put plans in place to develop the manufacturing engineering team appropriately
- To lead the maintenance/development of existing manufacturing processes to deliver efficiency, yield and unit cost improvement.
- To identify and develop improvements to increase key process metrics of Service, Delivery, Quality and Cost using Lean / 6 sigma methodologies
- To set Engineering medium to short term Goals and propose longer term strategic Objectives, that deliver results in line with the Business plan.
- To identify and put in place effective technical / system solutions to manufacturing / process problems
- To identify and implement short term / long term cost reduction and improvement initiatives through the use of Lean/6 Sigma Tools.
- To ensure that all process characterization and process validation activities are performed to the highest standards in line with best practice
- To support the development of new processes in conjunction with Manufacturing/R&D Engineering
- To support the closure of NCR’s and CAPA’s through precise documentation of root cause; corrective action; preventative action and conclusion
- To provide oversight of NCR’s CAN’s and CAPA’s generated by the Engineering/Technicians.
- To lead/support the conversion of manufacturing processes from traditional batch/queue manufacturing to lean continuous flow manufacturing.
- To liase with the Automation group in order to drive improvements in the current manufacturing process, through better process control & hardware
- To lead/support improvement projects through effective project management
- To manage the transfer of New Products to GMIL manufacturing facility, giving due consideration to project timeline, equipment requirements, operator training requirements and process stability.
- Oversee and drive Validation Activities
Skills Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Engineering (HETAC level 8)
- Min of 6 years of professional experience in Medical Device Manufacturing in successfully managing projects and leading teams of Engineers and Technicians. Minimum of 3 years of professional experience at senior manufacturing engineering level necessary.
- Working knowledge of six sigma and/or lean engineering principles with a proven track record in use and delivery of results.
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving / decision making skills.
For a confidential discussion on this role please contact Christopher O’ Toole on 091-706713 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie