- Reference: CJ44890
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Production
Provide scientific understanding and technical engineering skills to engineer and implement highly capable and effective manufacturing processes. Ability to coach, lead and enhance the productivity of technical reports within the business. Provide a structured framework for training of technical reports. Build collaborative relationships through strong teamwork across the organization. Employ empirical analysis in the study of root causes and the resolution of processing problems.
- To identify and order the key activities utilized in quality, service & cost improvements in the Operations Engineering Cycle to meet key business objectives.
- To apply a prioritized approach in Value Centred Engineering to achieve the key opportunities in quality, service and cost.
- Deputize for Engineering Manager as required.
- Participate actively as necessary in all value stream planning and strategic activities.
- Providing professional and technical leadership to Manufacturing Engineers and Process technicians on product and process issues.
- Be fully conversant in all company business and resource management systems.
- Leading technical improvement under the team’s Value Improvement Program (VIP).
- Familiarize with, and understand fully their associated value stream production processes.
- Transferring and implementing processes either from development or from another manufacturing facility.
- Employ statistical analysis and empirical methods in the identification of yield and efficiency issues, and provide detailed reports on the improvements achieved through all identified and applied mitigation measures.
- Participate as a Core Team Member on Equipment & Automated Systems (E&AS) projects if necessary.
- Liaison between quality and engineering, both internal to the plant and externally within the corporation.
- Participation, where appropriate, in the phase review process and the New Products Excellence (NPE) meetings with respect to new products.
- Ongoing manufacturing support in order to help the team meet its business objectives of quality, output and cost.
- Maintain a valid capacity model in co-operation with the line Supervisor and conduct adequate advance planning for required capital.
- Provide technical leadership/guidance for their team (with specific responsibility to ensure that the preventative maintenance program is adequate and timely).
- Evaluates in conjunction with Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) new equipment/processes/chemicals for environmental impact/effect to eliminate or lessen such impacts/effects.
- Responsible for other projects as assigned by the company.
- Demonstrate a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality.
- Understands and comply with all the regulations governing the quality systems.
- Ensures all direct reports are aware of their commitment to patient safety and product quality, are current with their training requirements and that they understand and comply with all other regulations governing their work.
- Engage fully with the performance management system on site, and utilize the development program to build a skill base appropriate to the requirements of the business.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree or Masters in relevant Engineering or Science discipline (Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electronic, Production etc).
- Minimum of 6+ years’ experience, preferably in the medical device industry.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with good leadership abilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong technical capabilities and project management capability to develop aspect of assigned projects on time and within budget.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling on 021 4809118 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!