- Reference: CJ44730
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Information Technology
The role of Senior ICT Systems Administrator will report directly to the ICT Manager and will require day-to-day as well as long term ICT Systems maintenance, monitoring and operation including company remote locations, networks, security, virtual environments, hardware, software, phone system and other services.
Responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems. Serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration for complex operating systems. Recommends the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications. Investigates and analyzes feasibility of system requirements and develops system specifications. Identifies methods, solutions, and provides project leadership and management to provide a high level of service to the customers of the department. Performs full supervision of Operations level staff. You will be taking care of integration between internal and external systems, service transitions. Designing, creating, testing and implementing network/systems/IVR solutions to ensure best support, compliance and experience to internal and external parties (users and customers) along with providing support via email, phone and in person. You will also manage infrastructure and third party services/supplies to ensure service continuity. Maintaining and monitoring security systems to ensure data protection and security factors are in place to protect company, users and customer data.
- Managing Windows XP/7 workstations, MacOS devices, mobile devices (phones and tablets), Active Directory Services, System Center 2012, Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, Web Services, Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012 environment, VMware infrastructure, Storage (SAN), Enterprise Server, Phone System and other server/client side services.
- Maintaining and monitoring core and support systems to ensure service continuity.
- Managing and administering Security and monitoring systems (Access Controls, Firewalls, Anti-V).
- Managing file sharing / user + company data and print services.
- Managing and maintaining data backups.
- Designing, developing IVRs for customers based on requirements.
- Manage, monitor and review the relationships with service providers and ensure that high levels of service are received and maintained and liaise support requests in case of fault / service disruption.
- Ensure that the solution developed is the most competitive ensuring profitability for the business.
- Researching, designing, developing, testing and implementing new solutions to improve operations.
- Maintain standards of excellence in developing, implementing and supporting ICT solutions
- Deploy project and performance management skills and methodologies to ensure timely, effective and cost-efficient systems delivery and associated maintenance.
- Providing support to internal and external clients (IT Helpdesk).
- Other duties may be added and/or assigned as needed.
- Management and Supervision of Junior ICT Operations staff. May guide or provide work direction to technical staff, contract staff and employees. Determines appropriate coverage for all hours of operation
- Knowledge about design, administration, operation and maintenance of Microsoft Servers, Active Directory Domains, Group Policy Objects, SharePoint, IIS Web Services, Exchange Systems and SQL Databases.
- Network knowledge: TCP/IP, DHCP, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, VOIP, VPN, FTP, V-LANs, Subnets, Routing, Switching, Firewalls
- Knowledge about backup/recovery technologies
- Design, administration, operation and maintenance of Virtual Environment based on VMware infrastructure (vSphere / ESX).
- Knowledge about Google APPS Domain management.
- Knowledge about telephony services (SIP, VOIP, PBX, PRA)
- Problem troubleshooting and solving techniques.
- Knowledge about security systems and data maintain.
- Knowledge about computer hardware and peripherals.
- High motivation and organization to work under pressure with tight timelines on multiple projects with ability to prioritize tasks.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Karen Collins on 021 4911064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!