- Reference: GY45769
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Galway City
- Category: HR & Training
- Responsible for providing HR guidance/support to clients in most of the following areas: succession planning, talent management, recruiting, employee relations, employment law compliance, employee engagement, change management and process improvement.
- Coach and consult with management on issues affecting morale, performance, development and organization effectiveness, helping to determine root causes and recommending appropriate next steps.
- Update and monitor employee policies and procedures to ensure they are up to date and reflect our business.
- Provide guidance and direction to client group(s) to ensure consistent, equal and fair treatment of all employees. Consult with managers to ensure the consistent application of and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Partner with HR admin to pull data and reports to apply knowledge of key metrics to making decisions related to human capital.( e.g Overtime, Absence etc)
- Maintain and ensure all HR systems are up to date, maintaing accurate HR records including accurate instructions for fortnightly and monthly payroll.
- Instrumental in the roll out of new global HR System.
- Present, train and/or facilitate workforce development programs. Support communication on and utilization of performance management tools & processes and compensation & rewards programs.
- Employee Engagement: Key participant in site sports and social & charity committee to ensure site events are effective, managed and within budget.
- Facilitate employee events on site ( e.g wellness/benefits related events)
- Communications: Maintain site communications through site channels including intranet, site presentations, employee communications forum, site townhalls etc.
- Introduce, lead and influence change management initiatives with client group leaders in order to address issues that will enhance overall performance and build the overall human capital capability of the organization.
- Conduct and manage investigation of complaints and concerns that could result in legal ramifications; assess the severity, involve appropriate individuals and facilitate appropriate action based on policy and practice.
Third level honours degree in HR or related degree.
Employment Law qualification (preferable)
5-8 years related industry experience as generalist/Senior HRBP
Worked in large matrix environment (preferable)
Medical Device/Manufacturing experience essential